The Hosting Team will open the gathering and steward the overall design of the gathering. We will be living and working in Circle and Open Space, and invite participants to step forward to host, harvest & co-create our agenda and moments of celebration together. Ask for what you need, and offer what you can as we create the experience together!
First and last day details
Sunday, August 7
11:30 – 15:30 | Registration
16:00 | Gathering Starts
18:00 | Dinner
Friday, August 12
13:00 | Lunch
15:00 | Gathering Ends
15:30 | Departure
Please bring your stories, insights, questions, inquiries and thoughts about what matters most to you.
- Your curiosity about what’s happening in the world and what we might be doing together
- Your insights into the deeper patterns beneath what’s going on in the world and your practice. What change is coming and how can you tell? What deeper patterns can you see if you really stopped to look?
- Objects, pieces of art, stories, songs, books or anything else that will support expression and celebration
- Your stories of practice and any inputs into learning, community and possibility
- Art supplies, musical instruments, costumes, props or anything else you think could help express creativity or celebration
- Food to share from your place
- Your deep reflections and your sense of humour!
- Your willingness to care for yourself, for each other and for the place we are gathering
- An openness to step forward and offer your unique contribution to co-create this gathering
This invitation comes from the Art of Hosting Community and we are meeting around this practice, but we’d also like to see our mates from other communities there — all the tribes: World Café, Open Space, Appreciative Inquiry, Circle work, Theory U & presencing, Holocracy, Deep Democracy, Dynamic Facilitation, Spiral Dynamics and all other forms; those who carry a story, music, dance, the arts; anyone who is thoughtful and engaged at this time.